Health insurance in Spain for the self-employed /autónomos
The most complete health insurance for the working population in Spain.
Sanitas Professionales/Autónomos provides you with access to comprehensive medical care and the insurance premium can be deducted on your tax return. The first €500 (for an employee's family members) is exempted from income tax.
- Primary Care
- Specialist Care
- Emergency Healthcare
- Diagnoses and analyses
- In-patient hospital care, with or without surgical procedure
- Dental care, including more than 50 free treatments and 40% discount on other treatments you may need
- Option of a “second opinion” from the best doctors.
- Emergency service when travelling abroad in partnership with Europ Assistance. Max. €10,000 per person/event.
- Sanitas 24 Hours – telephone service for 24-hour advice.
- Sanitas Welcome – 24-hour customer service to answer any administrative questions you may have.
- Sanitas Responde – free, personal health advice and support if you have a medical condition requiring regular check-ups.
- Sanitashealthcare.co.uk: online services where you can download analyses, test results and find out details of your nearby hospital or doctor.
WAITING TIMES (from the date on which you signed the contract)
- Out-patient surgery: 3 months
- Radiation therapy, chemotherapy, cobolt therapy, radioactive isotopes, linear accelerator, scanner, magnetic resonance, nuclear medicine, bone density test, lithotripsy, digital arteriography, radio neuroradiology and prostate hyperthermia services: 6 months
- High-technological diagnostic tests: 6 months
- Psychology: 6 months
- In-patient hospital care, surgical procedures: 10 months
- Child birth: 8 months
- The policy can be taken out until your 75th birthday.
If you choose a policy where you make your own contributions (to reduce your premium), you receive the following additions:
- 0–6 services: Free
- 7–10 services: €5
- 11–15 services: €7
- More than 15 services: €10
- 4% — yearly payment
- 2% — 6 months' payment
You have the option to choose from the following additional cover:
- Reimbursement add-on – free choice of specialist and medical centre with the option to set a cap of €150.000 or €300.000 for your trips abroad.
- Repatriation guarantee – transfer of the insured and a companion to the country of origin in case of death of the insured.
- Sanitas subsidy – provides payment for every day the insured is in hospital.
- Medication – provides 50% reimbursement of the total cost of medication prescribed for your treatment by a Sanitas doctor (up to €200 per person/year).
- Optician's – reimbursement of 50% of the amount for contact lenses and prescription glasses up to a limit of €300 per insured person/year.
- Accident – payment in the event of death or permanent disability as a result of an accident.
- Traffic accident and accident at work – healthcare as a result of a traffic accident, accident at work or occupational illness.
- Alternative medicine
- Cover in the USA – provides you with access to the best clinics in the USA.